PMI CRB Chapter is a vibrant community of project management professionals who are dedicated to promoting the professional and educational development of its members. To satisfy the needs of our membership, we are looking for speakers who can deliver interesting and insightful presentations on the application of project management techniques and methods to the current and future state of the Project Management profession.
This is an opportunity for you to:
- Showcase your knowledge and expertise in areas of interest to both emerging and experienced project management professionals, resulting in new contacts and networking opportunities.
- Gain exposure to a wide audience of professionals managing strategic initiatives using multiple, complex programs and projects as the vehicle for those initiatives.
- Help strengthen the project management community while developing and enhancing personal public presentation skills.
- Earn Professional Development Units (PDUs) for speaking at one of these events.
Meeting Cadence and Evening Schedule
Each year, we produce ten chapter meetings with featured speakers and topics. Our monthly chapter meetings draw between 30 - 60 professionals from information technology, engineering, financial services, insurance, construction, healthcare, government, and other industries. The speakers and their presentation topics are advertised on our web site and our news email, which reaches almost 1,000 recipients. Our evening schedule is:
04:30 - 05:30 Education Session (speaking opportunity)
05:30 - 06:00 Networking and Social Time
06:00 - 06:30 Dinner
06:30 - 07:30 Guest Presentation (speaking opportunity)
- Formal interactive presentation for 45 minutes with a 15 minute Q&A closing
- Microsoft PowerPoint slideshow or other electronic media that can be subsequently posted to the chapter's web site (with speaker's approval).
- The chapter provides a laptop, a video projector with cables to a laptop, a 10-foot screen, and a wireless handheld microphone (if needed). The presenter can bring their own laptops to ensure there are no technical issues associated with system compatibility. Also, we highly recommend to send the presentation to us ahead of time or to bring the presentation on a memory stick.
For questions or more information
If you have any questions on the speaking opportunities, program planning, or would like to recommend speakers, please contact our VP of Communications.